Updated May 15, 2023
A Plus Creative Inc., (the Company) is committed to working towards full compliance with current standards of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA); and any expected upcoming legislations and the Accessible Canada Act as they are introduced. In doing so, we affirm our commitment to providing quality services in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. The Multi-Year Accessibility Plan outlines the policies, achievements, and actions that the Company has taken and the work underway to improve opportunities for people with disabilities. The current plan covers a four-year period (2023 – 2027) to align with our operational scope.
STATEMENT OF COMMITMENT
A Plus Creative is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in inclusion and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Act.
A Plus Creative is dedicated to continuously developing, implementing, and maintaining policies that govern how the organization achieves or will achieve accessibility through meeting all regulation requirements. To facilitate this commitment, the Company has established, maintained, and documented a multi-year accessibility plan, that is reviewed and updated once every four years, at a minimum, to identify progress made in addressing barriers and will be posted on the A Plus Creative website and via staff communications.
STANDARDS OF ACCESSIBILITY UNDER AODA- GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
1. AccessibleEmergency Information
A Plus Creative will provide employees with disabilities individualized emergency response information when necessary, and as soon as reasonably possible. If an employee who receives individualized workplace emergency response information requires assistance, with the employee’s consent, the workplace emergency response information will be given to the designated employee. The Company will continue to review the individualized workplace emergency response plans, when necessary, ie., the location of the employee changes and/or if there are any changes in disability.
2. Accessibility Policy and Plans
A Plus Creative has developed a statement, policy, program, and multi-year plan that outlines strategies and actions to identify, prevent, and remove barriers for persons with disabilities.
Accessibility and inclusion of people with disabilities is a core value for the Company and for that reason, A Plus Creative provide straining to employees on Accessibility standards. Training is provided in a way that best suits the duties and needs of employees and every person who deals with the public on behalf of the Company. In addition, employees may require training as it relations to the duties and responsibilities of their position.A Plus Creative has taken the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training needed to meet current standards and legislation:
- Provide educational and training resources in an accessible format that takes into account the accessibility needs of a person with a disability;
- Ensure new employees complete training within the probationary period;
- Track and maintain a database of training records of participant names and dates of completion.
CUSTOMER SERVICE STANDARD
A Plus Creative uses reasonable efforts to ensure that its policies, practices, and procedures are consistent with the following principles:
- Goods or services are provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities;
- The provision of goods and services to persons with disabilities, and others, is integrated unless an alternate measure is necessary, whether temporarily or on a permanent basis, to enable persons with disabilities to obtain, use, or benefit from the goods or services
- Persons with disabilities are given an opportunity equal to that given to others to obtain, use, and benefit from the goods or services;
- Persons with disabilities may use assistive devices and/or support persons in the access of goods and services;
- Persons with disabilities and their service animals are accommodated in all aspects of service provision;
- Company representatives, when communicating with a person with disability, will do so in a manner that takes into account the person’s disability.
The following measures have been implemented by A PlusCreative:
- The Accessibility Policy Statement has been published on all corporate communication boards;
- The Accessibility Program has been created and is accessible upon request;
- The Multi-Year Accessibility Plan has been published on the corporate website for public viewing;
- Training will be provided to address areas on how to better interact with, and/or accommodate persons with disabilities.Employees will gain understanding of their responsibilities in creating an inclusive and accessible environment, accepting and respectful of the differences between persons.
- Completion of training of all employees is tracked and recorded;
- Comments relating to our programs and services with regards to customer service welcomed and appreciated. A process will be established to encourage feedback regarding the way A Plus Creative provides goods and services to people with disabilities. This feedback can be made verbally, by email, or in writing. All feedback is directed to the HumanResources department;
- A process will be put in place to ensure that all feedback received from clients, staff or the general public is reviewed and analyzed to identify potential gaps in customer services, and to ensure appropriate actions are taken;
- Any persons with a disability who is accompanied by a support person or by a service animal will be allowed to enter A PlusCreative premises with their support person and service animal. At no time will a person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person or service animal be prevented from having access to their support person and/or service animal while on our premises.
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION STANDARD
A Plus Creative is dedicated to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with and request feedback from persons with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs. We want to achieve the most effective and efficient access to information and our goods and services for all users.
The Company has undertaken the following plans to ensure compliance with this standard:
- A feedback process will be established that is accessible, ensuring alternative formats are also available, such as, telephone inquiries, email, and in-person. These processes will be communicated and available upon request;
- Our website has been designed to be user friendly for people with a range of needs. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to contact A Plus Creative via email or phone if they required additional information;
- A Plus Creative has ensured all website and content on those sites conform to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
A Plus Creative is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices that attract and retain individuals with disabilities. TheCompany has taken the following steps to notify the public and employees that, when requested, A Plus Creative will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and onboarding process.
A Plus Creative is committed to ensuring that our recruitment, selection, and assessment processes are fair and accessible. All supervisors, managers, and employees involved in staffing of any time will be required to complete AODA training. The Company has taken the following steps to ensure compliance with this standard:
- Specify that accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities in recruitment process within job descriptions, job postings, interviews, selection, and assessments;
- Provide information to employees on policies supporting persons with disabilities;
- Provide this information to new employees within the onboarding and integration process;
- Provide updated information on accommodation policies to employees when changes occur;
- Consult with employees to determine suitability of format or support.
2. Documented Individual Accommodation Plans
A Plus Creative is dedicated to producing and providing documented individual accommodation that includes the following:
- Participation of the employee requiring the individual accommodation plan;
- Ability to request additional/alternative medical of third-party assessments to determine if accommodation can be achieved and how;
- High level of confidentiality;
- Regular review and updates;
- Reason for denial if applicable;
- Measures of providing individual accommodation plans in a format that takes into account the needs of the employee;
- And if required, include individualized workplace emergency response information.
3. Accessible Emergency Information
A Plus Creative is committed to creating and implementing a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return to work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability. When applicable, the Company will develop and maintain a return-to-work process for employees who have been from work due to a disability and require disability-related accommodations in order to return to work. The process will include the steps the Company will undertake to facilitate the return-to-work process and use documented individual accommodation plans.
4. Performance Management and Development Plans
A Plus Creative is dedicated to ensuring the accessibility requirements of employees with disabilities needs are taking into account with regards to performance management and assessments, career progression plans, and position reassignments.
The Company will continue to review and update policies and procedures to include the following elements:
- Accessibility needs of employees with disabilities, as well as individual accommodation plans are taken into account when using performance management processes;
- Accessibility needs of employees with disabilities, as well as individual accommodation plans are taken into account when providing career development and advancement opportunities;
- Accessibility needs of employees with disabilities, as well as individual accommodation plans are taken into account when reassigning employees with disabilities.
5. Design of Public Spaces
A Plus Creative public areas currently meet the requiredAccessibility Standards for the design of public spaces. The Company will establish plans to continue to meet the Accessibility Standards for the design of public spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces.The Company will take appropriate measures to prevent service disruptions to public area accessibility. In the event of a service disruption, A PlusCreative will notify the public of the service disruption and alternative accessibility available for obtaining goods and services.
407-501 Alliance Avenue
York, Ontario M6N 2J1