Last update: June 6, 2022
The respect of your private life is of the utmost importance for A Plus Creative Inc., who is responsible for this website.
- the way your personal information is collected and processed. "Personal information" means any information that could identify you, such as your name, your mailing address, your email address, your location and your IP address. "Personal information" is a synonym for "personal data" within the meaning of the Regulation 2016/679 of the European Union (General Data Protection Regulation);
- your rights regarding your personal information;
- who is responsible for the processing of the collected information;
- to whom the information is transmitted;
- if applicable, the website's policy regarding cookies.
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect the following personal information:
- First, last name and e-mail
The personal information we collect is collected through the collection methods described in the following section.
2. FORMS AND METHODS OF COLLECTION
Your personal information is collected through the following methods:
- Website registration form
- Survey form
We use the collected data for the following purposes:
- Special offers
- Managing the website
Your personal information is also collected through the interactivity between you and the website using various technologies provided by third parties. We use the personal information thus collected for the following purposes:
- Website management
4. SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information collected by the Website is not transmitted to any third party and is processed only by us.
5. STORAGE PERIOD OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The controller will keep in its computer systems, in reasonable security conditions, the entirety of the personal information collected for the following duration: 1 year.
6. HOSTING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our website is hosted by: A Plus Creative Inc., located at the following address:
501 Alliance Avenue, Suite 407, Toronto, Ontario M6N 2J1, CANADA.
The host may be contacted at the following phone number: 416.537.9999.
Personal information we collect and process is exclusively hosted in Canada.
This transfer of personal information outside of the EU is justified by the fact that our headquarters are located in Canada.
The "Controller" is: Zac Piskun. The Controller may be contacted as follows:
by calling 1.416.537.9999
The Controller is in charge of determining the purposes for which personal information is processed and the means of such processing.
b) Obligations of the Controller
The Controller is committed to protecting the personal information collected, not to transmit it to third parties without informing you, and to respect the purposes for which personal information was collected.
In the event that the integrity, confidentiality or security of your personal information is compromised, the Controller is committed to notifying you.
8. RIGHT OF OBJECTION AND OF WITHDRAWAL
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information by the Website ("right to object"). You also have the right to request that your personal information not appear, for example, on a mailing list ("right to withdraw").
If you wish to exercise the right to object or the right to withdraw, you must follow the procedure described hereinafter:
Send an email outlining your request with the subject line "privacy request" to email@example.com.
9. RIGHT OF ACCESS, OF RECTIFICATION AND OF REMOVAL
You have the right to consult, update, modify or request the removal of information about you by following the procedure described hereinafter:
Send an email outlining your request with the subject line "remove personal information" to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. GENERAL PRINCIPLES RELATING TO THE COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA UNDER EUROPEAN REGULATION 2016/679
In accordance with the provisions of Article 5 of European Regulation 2016/679, the collection and processing of your personal data comply with the following principles:
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency: your personal data may only be collected and processed with your consent. Every time your personal data is collected, you will be informed that your personal data is collected and for which reasons your personal data is collected;
- Data minimization: only personal data necessary for the purpose to which it is necessary is collected;
- Storage limited in time: personal data is stored for a limited time, of which you are notified;
- Integrity and confidentiality of collected and processed personal data: the Controller is committed to guarantee the integrity and confidentiality of the collected personal data.
In order to be lawful and to comply with Article 6 or European Regulation 2016/679, collection and processing will only occur if one of the following applies:
- You have given your express consent;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation;
- Processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another physical person;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority;
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller or a third party.
11. DATA PROTECTION OFFICER PURSUANT TO EUROPEAN REGULATION 2016/679
The following person has been appointed as the Data Protection Officer (also referred to as DPO): Zac Piskun.
The purpose of the Data Protection Officer is to ensure the successful implementation of the applicable European legislative provisions relating to the collection and processing of personal data.
The Data Protection Officer may be reached as follows:
by calling 1.416.537.9999
12. ADDITIONAL RIGHTS PURSUANT TO EUROPEAN REGULATION 2016/679
In accordance with European regulation relating to the processing of personal data, you also have the rights listed below.
In order for the Controller to grant your request, you must provide your first and last name, your email address.
The Controller must answer your request within a period of thirty (30) days.
a) Right to portability of personal data
You have the right to request the portability of your personal data held by the Website to another site by contacting the Controller.
b) Right of not being the object of a decision based only on automated processing
In accordance with the provisions of the European Regulation 2016/679, you have the right of not being the subject of decision based solely on automated processing if the decision produces legal affecting concerning you or significantly affects you.
c) Right to submit a complaint to the competent authority
In the event that the Controller does not answer your request, you wish to challenge his or her decision or you believe one of your rights has been infringed upon, you have the right to submit a complaint to the competent authority.
Personal information we collect is stored in a secured environment. People working for us are obligated to respect the confidentiality of your personal information.
To ensure the security of your personal information, we use the following methods:
- SSL (Security Sockets Layer) Protocol
- Access management - person authorized
- Access management - person concerned
- Network surveillance software
- Automatic backup
We are committed to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality by integrating the latest technological innovations that allow us to ensure the confidentiality of your transactions. Nevertheless, no mechanism can ensure complete security, and transmitting personal information on the Internet always contains an element of risk.
14. PERSONAL DATA OF MINORS UNDER EUROPEAN REGULATION 2016/679
In accordance with the provisions of Article 8 of Regulation 2016/679, only minors over 15 years of age may consent to the processing of their personal data. We do not target or collect information from minors.
17. APPLICABLE LAW
We are committed to ensuring compliance with all applicable legislation, including, but not limited to:
- the Criminal Code (R.S.C., 1985, c. C-46);
- Canada's anti-spam legislation (CASL);
- the National Security Act, 2017 (S.C. 2019, c. 13);
- the Communications Security Establishment Act (S.C. 2019, c. 13, s. 76);
- the Security of Information Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. O-5);
- the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (S.C. 2000, c. 5) or Provincial counterparts in jurisdictions that have their own privacy laws ; and
- General Data Protection Regulation, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council of 27 April 2016 for the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC.